2016 Hobart Regional Competition
Date: Saturday 18th June, 2016
Venue: New Town High School
We strongly encourage a minimum team size of two students.
Registration cost for each team is $25. The school will receive an invoice for this just prior or just after the event.
The Registration form can be found at the bottom of this page
Expectations for the event
The aim of Robo Cup Junior is to create an entertaining and educational experience for all involved. To achieve this we all must create a spirit of collaboration, rather than competition. It is hoped that all entrants respect this aim.
Additionally, the following expectations are intended to help make the event as enjoyable as possible for everyone involved. Please adhere to these and remind others if they are unaware of them.
· Cameras with flash and auto focus may not be used in the venue.Please ensure that all cameras have their flashes turned off and are set to manual focus.
· All movement and behaviour is to be of a subdued nature.
· Students must only leave the venue under the permission of their guardian (teacher, parent, adult team mentor).
· In general, ONLY student competitors will be allowed in the Setup area after 10.00am.
· Participants are not to touch robots or equipment from another team. (Many months or even years of work have gone into some of the robots!)
· Do not leave valuable equipment unsupervised.
On arrival at the venue, you should immediately proceed to the Registration Desk where:
· Team arrival will be noted.
· Any updated event information will be supplied.
· Dance teams will submit one copy of their music (with information regarding team name & track number etc).
During the course of the day teams may be required to have a team interview (see below).
Make sure you are aware of the times you are required to compete. It is YOUR responsibility to make your way to the competition area at the scheduled times.
Remember to bring
· Two copies of music for Dance (on mp3 CD or audio CD). One for the performance and one spare.
· Laptop computer (and IR tower or USB cable, etc.) for downloading programs.
· Tubs to hold equipment.
· Copy of the Rules relevant to your entry.
· Power boards. A single power outlet for each team will be provided in the set up area.
· Spare batteries (or battery pack).
· Battery charger (if required).
· Spare part for robots (e.g. spare LEGO).
· Tools for repairs.
Dance, Rescue and Soccer - will be held at the New Town High School assembly hall. Access will be via Midwood St. Entrance by the Hall front doors.
All teams – Plenty of parking on site at the front and back of the school
Sausage sizzle (with soft drinks available) available for lunch. Coffee and Tea at the registration desk.
Rules (Dance, Rescue, Soccer)
It is important that teams are thoroughly familiar with the rules for their challenge.
The complete set of RCJA Rules can be found on the RoboCup Junior Australia website under each Challenge heading:
The organisers will endeavour to block out as much natural light as possible and keep light level even throughout the event. Time will be allocated at the start of the day for teams to calibrate their programs.
Interviews and logbooks
Teams in the Dance competition will be required to attend an interview throughout the day.All teams are recommended to have a log book of their progress to get to the event. Log books are required at the national competition. Further, all teams interested in winning a travel award at the state finals will be required to have a logbook.
Certificates, trophies, prizes
A trophy will be awarded to the winner of each of the five challenges where each of these categories are contested at the regional event.
Dance (Junior), Dance Theatre (Junior), Open Dance/Dance Theatre, Primary Rescue, Secondary Rescue, Open Rescue, Simple Simon Soccer, Gen-II Soccer, Lightweight Soccer, Open League Soccer.
For more information contact:
Bob Elliott – email@example.com
Nick Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
These times are only guides and may change on the day
Download a Media Release form here - RCJA Media Release Form
New Town High School will be open at 9am for a 10 am start to the competition.
The competition will finish around 3 pm.